Sunday, October 28, 2007

Teenager redeems herself!

As I posted before...I have been getting some attitude from my teenage daughter Courtney but this weekend she totally redeemed herself!


First of all it has been one tough week...harvesting corn, working cows and calves, harvesting corn, trying to keep up with the house (and not succeeding very well) harvesting corn, of course trying to get some blogging time in (which I was very limited in this week....sorry...I will catch up with all of you soon) and I have been fighting a nasty cold to top it off...oh, and did I mention that we are harvesting corn. Anyway, my very lovely daughter (when she wants to be) made and brought breakfast treats (turnovers) to the field and made dinner and brought it to the field for us on Saturday. She also vacuumed, swept and scrubbed floors, washed-dried and folded laundry, washed the dishes in the dishwasher, put them away and filled the dishwasher again. She has also been doing the pig chores for me in the evenings....what a load off my shoulders! Ok, so she can be a great kid when she wants to!!



We got done at 8:00 tonight and now that the housework and laundry are caught up....I finally have a chance to check in with a few of you.



Hope you all have a great week!

20 comments:

Teresa said...

Yeah Courtney! You know she really loves you, it's just the age.

Amber said...

I'm happy you and your daughter and you are back to normal:)

but you forgot something, to come over to my house and clean;)

0:) Amber who is SLAP HAPPY

Pen of Jen said...

Courtney:)!!!

I am happy to read that during a hectic week, she stood up and fulfilled the responsibilities necessary. She will not always be a teen, and I have a feeling that you got a glimpse of the woman you are raising!

Keep up the great example...it is apparent that she is watching!

~ Amy ~ said...

Oh man, I wish my kids were old enough to leave them at home to do all the cleaning while I'm in the field. They sure know how to mess it up the little bit that we are here during harvest.

Jen said...

What a kid!!! To do all that and want nothing in return?! You don't see that very often. WAY TO GO COURTNEY!!!!

Joyce said...

Teens have away of redemeing themselves. my girls did and still do special off the wall things for Mom even as they are both getting close to 30. Yes the harvest comes first.

Hope4Grace said...

Free time, rocks! Good parenting always prevails over attitude, at least that is what I"m telling myself!

Hope your taking pictures of harvest.....

Dawn said...

I would say she sounds like a normal teen, but I think all that hard work was beyond normal. Courtney gets an A+ in my book.
See, even though she has her momemts, you have still raised a great kid!

Jamie said...

What a good girl you have!! She is at that age when attitude is always lurking. Oh, who am I kidding. I have a 5 year old and attitude is always lurking!!

Anway, glad she helped you out and you guys are getting done in the field.

Take care!

kdwhorses said...

way to go Courtney!! I think it is totally the age! She does love you and how great when they show you they do. HOw great for you!

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo! Way to go Courtney!

Now can you have her call my daughter and tell her that that's how teenagers are SUPPOSED to act?!

:)

Myrna said...

What a grest daughter!

I get tired just reading what you do! And--did you say it's corn harvesting time? Hope you're through with the corn. However, the pigs sound worse to me!:-)

Just Mom said...

Wow. I could use some help around the house here.

Heidi Jo Comes said...

much bonding can be done over a day of cleaning... so can she come bond with me now?

Michelle said...

I'm jealous....wish one of my teenagers would redeem himself!

Amanda said...

What a kid!!! Can I borrow her for a few weeks or years?

Lori said...

Hope you are feeling better.

What a wonderful daughter you have....great helper it sounds like.

Rose said...

Awww...how sweet of her! A sure sign she's growing up.

Unknown said...

Oh Chris, that's wonderful. Please tell Courtney thanks from me! I can't be there to help you during these hard physical days of farm work, so I'm glad someone is taking care of you a bit!

Oldqueen44 said...

What an awesome kid. All your teaching efforts are paying off.