Friday, September 26, 2008

Harvest

The fall harvest has begun! We started on the soybeans yesterday....not sure how they are running because I had to leave to watch Courtney play volleyball (yup, my loyalties are with my kids first, then the farm....lol). I will be heading to the field shortly but I do get to quit early today....Courtney cheers for the football team and they have a game....an hour and a half away (*sigh*). I better watch it or they might fire me for leaving early all the time....ha!

8 comments:

Susan said...

I doubt they'll fire you. Good help is hard to find!!!
Susan

First Time Mommy said...

Can't believe it's already Harvest time! Be Safe!

Sharon said...

I agree with you kids first.
They can't fire you, good help is hard to find these days.
Enjoy your weekend and I hope that she wins her volleyball game.
God bless.

kdwhorses said...

I know HOmecoming was today and we have already been to the pep rally, not sure if I'm going to the game. Too much to do here!

What a great supportive mom! Kids first, you go!

Good luck and safe harvest!

Farmchick said...

Hope you have a great harvest...and I hope the soybeans are running well. We will try to finish up our flax that was too green. Have a great weekend!!
Tania

Joyce said...

I sm glad you got started. Ours won't be ready for a week or two. I am praying for a safe harvest for all farmers.

I was like you when our girls were home. Children do come first. Have a great time watch sports.

Love and Hugs,
Joyce

WORKING MOM said...

Yep, keep the babes first. That's what I do, so there is always dusting and sweeping to be done.

Unknown said...

I'm glad you have your priorities straight! Our country needs more great moms like you!