Monday, June 18, 2007

Blessings!

I had such a good weekend and am so blessed to have such wonderful people in my life.
I went to Mass and then spent all day yesterday with my wonderful hubby Chad and my kids, working on our new deck. I will post pictures of the deck when we get it finished. (It may be awhile, we have been slowly working on it since last July)
I hosted a Father's Day supper for Chad's family. We were lucky to have his Dad and Mom, his brother Bryon and his family and brother Brad and his family come. What a wonderful way to celebrate 4 dads!
Another blessing was that even though my dad died almost 22 years ago, I still felt his presence with me yesterday on Father's day (as I do many other days too). It was a good chance for me to reflect on the wonderful memories I have of him and what a great influence he was in my life, even for the short amount of time he was here on this earth.
I am so blessed!

11 comments:

First Time Mommy said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day yesterday :)! Can't wait to see pictures of your new deck!

Have a great day!!

Teresa said...

Glad you enjoyed your weekend! I completely understand how you feel about your dad.
Can't wait to see pictures with your new camera! :)

Susan said...

Sounds like a wonderful dad, Chris. Nothing like family :o) and friends are awfully good, too!!!
Susan

Dawn said...

What a great day and great memories your family made. I'm sorry your Dad is gone, but glad you have such good memories of him.

Jamie said...

What a great day for everyone in your family!!

Have a great Monday!!

Annoyed said...

Sounds like you guys had a wonderful Father's Day. I know what you mean about your Dad. Mine is gone, too, but I still feel his presence when I think about the good times.

Yes, please post pictures of your completed deck. I would love to see it!

Just Mom said...

"Another blessing was that even though my dad died almost 22 years ago, I still felt his presence with me yesterday on Father's day (as I do many other days too)."

This made me smile. I'm sure he's pleased by what a wonderful mother you've become.

Glad you had a wonderful weekend.

Rising Rainbow said...

It's good that you can appreciate your blessings. Some people are too bush to even know they have any.

Amanda said...

Good for you for counting your blessings! Many people look at what the don't have instead of looking at how rich they really are!

Glad to hear you had a good weekend!

Hope4Grace said...

What a blessing! Glad to know that you had a great weekend. Can't wait to see pics from the new camera!

Lori said...

Sounds like you had a fun Fathers Day weekend. Those are all wonderful blessings.