Friday, October 5, 2007

Mini Break

It is cloudy this morning and we had a heavy dew last night so the beans are not ready to combine yet today. Whew...time for a little break and I really should be catching up on housework but I thought I would try to get around and check up on everyone. We got one barn of pigs in on Wednesday night (1050 pigs) so we have been trying to harvest and work on getting the barns ready for the pigs to come in...I am totally worn out today and really do NOT feel like doing housework during this short break.

10 comments:

First Time Mommy said...

Sounds like you need a mini break after all you have been doing this week :)! You have been super busy...I'm tried just reading about all the work that goes into having a farm!

Have a great weekend!

Erin

Myrna said...

I'm catching up again==story of my life lately. Get behind--catch up--do it again!

I learn SO MUCH when I read about your farm. It is really interesting. Keep the pictures coming when you can.

OH! I can't wait to see the pigs!I bet that it is an interesting part of your life. Are the pigs your main farming activity during the winter. You can tell--I'm clueless!

Anonymous said...

I'd rather blog than do housework any day!!!!!
I have fond memories of baby pigs chewing on my rubber boots when I was just a wee girl.

Susan said...

Hope you got a nap!
Susan

Just Mom said...

Sounds as if you can use a real vacation. When is harvest season over???

~ Amy ~ said...

Leave the housework! Take a break!! Relax!!!

Jamie said...

You deserve a mini break!! Have a great weekend!!

kdwhorses said...

I agree with Amy-you deserve a break. The house will be there next week! I love the pictures, what a great time of year. Take break, put your feet up and veg out!

Anonymous said...

Now that is a barn full of pigs!

Kerrie said...

I'm so not cut out to be a Frazzled Farm Wife. ;)