We got more snow last night but it could have been WAY worse.....we just got a dusting but not too far north of us they ended up with 12 inches of snow......YIKES!
We are getting things caught up around here (as much as possible....I don't think we are EVER totally caught up). We head out to Vegas on Sunday.
The flooding is still going on south of us so we are not getting the last of our pigs until next Wednesday evening. I really feel bad for those people down there with all the water and flooding! We fly back in on Wednesday afternoon so it will be a rush job and crunch time once again as soon as we step foot back in SD.
We are trying to get the inside of the barn ready for calves in case the kids have trouble while we are gone....remember this summer we tore off the south side of the barn and replaced it.....the inside is still not totally finished. We are not supposed to start calving for a few weeks but eveyone's cows around here have been starting 1-2 weeks early. I am hoping ours decide to wait until we get back to start calving.
I hope you all have a wonderful Easter.....pray for me, I will be heading to Sin City on Easter Sunday!
UPDATE: We had one calf born already this morning.....could be an interesting few days for the kids while we are gone!