Saturday, June 14, 2008

Father's Day

First of all....Jenny is giving away a Christian CD....head on over to her blog and sign up to win.
*
Happy Father's Day to all you fathers out there!

*


I would like to pay tribute to the father that I had. I was only 17 years old when he died but he taught me alot in those 17 years.


He was a kind, quiet, patient man of few words.

He was a hard worker but also took time to make sure my mom and us kids knew how special and important we were to him.

He taught me how to play softball and basketball and would take time out of his busy day to throw a few balls or shoot a few hoops.

He sat in the stands at all of my games and even sat in the stands to watch me cheer as a 7th grader.

He made sure we took family vacations which is something I still treasure to this day.

He taught me the importance of hard work and was very patient as he taught me how to drive tractor, run a swather or drive truck.

I don't ever remember him "yelling" at me while chasing cows which for all of you that have ever worked with livestock know what a feat that is.

He helped us "break"our 4-H calves and I remember him being drug around the barn each time he did but he did it because he knew we would love showing that calf.


I could tell you many more things but the point of my post is to remind you all to appreciate those fathers out there and tell them how much you appreciate and love them. My dad was only on this earth for 37 years but he made a huge impact on many people in those 37 years, especially on the 4 of us kids. I wish I would have told him more how much I loved him and how much I appreciated everything he did for me.

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Chris, this has me in tears. Your dad sounds alot like my dad in character. I'm so sorry you lost your daddy at a young age. We must all do as he did though, invest each day in our kids and others, live each day as if it could be our last. Great tribute here!

Just Mom said...

I bet he's watching you right now and smiling at how wonderful a woman you've grown up to be.

Here's to all those wonderful dads -- here on earth and in Heaven.

Carroll Farm said...

ditto those comments. my dad has taught me tons and i don't know that i could fit it in one post. :) Hats off to Daddys of all ages, near and far, on earth or in Heaven :)

Anonymous said...

Your dad left a great lasting impression even if you only had him in your life for a short time. What a wonderful tribute to him.

I'll be thinking of this post tomorrow as I spend time with my 78 year old father.

kdwhorses said...

What a great tribute to your Dad. I lost my mom when I was 19, it is a hard thing to learn and makes you grow up real soon!

Unknown said...

this was just beautiful!

Lori said...

What a neat tribute to your father.
So sorry you had to loose him at such a young age.

April said...

What a great post about your dad. I'm sorry you had to go through losing him.

Momma Roar said...

What a wonderful tribute!!

Farmchick said...

Beautiful tribute! I have been out of the loop so I am trying to catch back on blog reading! Have a great week!

Tania

Amanda said...

That was sweet! Happy father's day to your father who is watching over you and happy fathers day to your hubby

Michelle said...

I was just thinking about your dad the other day and how quiet he was! I was having a hard time remembering his voice.

He was a great man, and so patient with you. You were very blessed to have him.

Jenny said...

How sweet! I just love my dad, too.
Thanks for the link love :)

Susan said...

Wonderful tribute to your father.
Susan

Juzt Cuz said...

hey chris i just wanted you to know that isabel kass and i just created a blog so i hope you can check it out at (isabelkenners.blogspot.com)
thanks your favorite niece (i hope)
kenners

Juzt Cuz said...

hey chris i just wanted you to know that isabel kass and i just created a blog so i hope you can check it out at (isabelkenners.blogspot.com)
thanks your favorite niece (i hope)
kenners

Tracy said...

That was an awesome post!! I am sure your dad is very proud of what you have become!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all those dads out there that couldn't be here (on earth) with their families.