Thursday, August 5, 2010

Farm Life

We have been crazy busy here on the farm!
*
We got second cutting of hay put up and road ditches cut and baled.
*
We have vaccinated all 3300 pigs TWICE now....wow, what a job!
If only they would stand still like this when we vaccinate!


Don't I look glamorous after vaccinating? NOT!


We started the spring wheat harvest yesterday...

after a few minor problems were solved.
*
4-H Achievement Days are next week so Courtney has been busy getting her projects done and practicing with our dog Madyson, getting ready for the dog show.
*
We were going to try to take a family vacation this summer but it is looking kind of bleak now, the summer is almost over for the kids, they both go to college at the end of August.




6 comments:

Leah said...

Wow busy you are..... 3300 pigs - look to be yorks? Country farm life - you have to love it! No vacations....

Susan said...

3,300 pigs!!!! I cannot imagine. You never cease to amaze me and I'm so thankful for people like you. I surely enjoy buying my bacon in a nice, neat package at the grocery store :o) Thanks to you guys!!!!

Sharon said...

Wow that is a lot of bacon!!!lol
It sure does seem like you are always busy.
Glad to hear that you got your leak fixed.Poor Jeremy!!

Tracy said...

Wowza girl! Keeping busy!!

Midlife Mom said...

Wow! That is a lot of pigs! I look about the same after I have cleaned the stalls in the morning! ha! Thank goodness for hot water and good soap I need both!!!

That sure is a big John Deere rig! Wow! Makes my tractor look tiny! I want to do some bush hogging today but son just came over and took the tractor to his house as they are doing some garden work. Sigh...hard telling when it will come back! ha!

We aren't going to get a family vacation this year either. We usually go in October but have had business trips to go to and other stuff so it's just not going to work out, maybe in the spring. :o)

Just Mom said...

Ah yes, the glamorous life of a farm wife. ;-D