Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Pop Concert

The High School Jazz Band and High School and Middle School Choirs put on a 70's Pop Concert last night. It was soooo good. Some sang solos, some sang in groups. Most of them dressed in 70's attire. The music brought back lots of memories. Some of the songs were:
-Country Roads by John Denver
-You Light Up My Life by Debbie Boone
-Love Will Keep Us Together by Captain &Tennille
-You Can't Hurry Love by The Supremes
-RESPECT by Aretha Franklin
-Dancing Queen by ABBA
There were many more but just thought I would list a few. The Jazz Band also played. I love listening to the Jazz Band. Courtney had a trumpet solo in Night Train and she NAILED IT! She has practiced it a lot so it was nice to see her do so well. She loves her trumpet!

6 comments:

Teresa said...

How fun! Were all the parents be-bopping up in the stands?
Great job Courtney!

Dawn said...

Sounds like a wonderful evening! How great for Courtney, and I know from experience how proud that makes Mom and Dad! My oldest played saxaphone and was in all the "bands" she could. Jazz band was my favorite. Our middle daughter is in 6th grade. She started on sax, but switched to flute, so probably no jazz band in her future.

kristi at everyday woman said...

I keep missing stuff. I need to stay home. Bryon said they did a great job. I know Kass was panicked on what to wear...She called me about 10 times!

Lori said...

I bet that was fun! How neat.
I like songs like that.

Thanks for visiting my site again.
I love our fresh garden veggies.
We just planted potatoes and onions. The rest will have to wait until it warms up more.

Karenkool said...

Now there's a great concert!!! Yessss!

~ Amy ~ said...

I was so tired that night and talked myself out of going. I heard the next day how good the concert was - I'm still kicking myself for not going. Congrats Courtney! Wish I could have heard it.