Monday, August 4, 2008

He's Home!

We FINALLY got Jeremy home! He and Kasey arrived in the States on Friday evening and were back in SD with us at 12:30pm Saturday. They didn't get into the States until late so they were not given a hotel room and had to sleep at the airport in NJ. The first things they asked for were a shower, clean clothes (their luggage is still missing) and food!

Jeremy talked non-stop for several hours. I can tell he really enjoyed his trip. He's not a huge talker but he just went on and on and on. He has some very interesting stories and he has some great photos too. The Fjords were his favorite part of the trip and he has some really gorgeous shots of that region. I am hoping to get some of his photos posted when I get a chance (he took about 350 pictures).

It is so good to have him home! I figure if I can handle this experience, I really shouldn't have any problem sending him off to college in a few weeks.....the college he chose is only 45 miles away.

13 comments:

Hope4Grace said...

Good job mom, you've raised an international traveler who can roll with the punches. What a great life experience for him!

Amber said...

I bet you are excited to have him back!!
Is is hard to beleive that you'll officially be a full-time mom to only one kid in two weeks?

Unknown said...

Soo happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Exciting!

Tracy said...

I am so glad that he made it home. I bet you were super excited!!

I can't wait to see pictures as I have no idea what Norway even looks like. Is that where he went Norway? I forgot...

:)

Anonymous said...

Yay! Your "baby" is home :)

And, YES, please post some pictures when you get a chance. I would love to see them!

Unknown said...

The pictures will be great to see. You are gonna share some aren't ya'? Jeremy sounds like me! I took 360 some photos during our week's vacation in the mountains! Glad he's home safe.

WORKING MOM said...

Great! Answered prayers.
But college, I don't know. It seems more permanent. Best wishes to all of you with that upcoming event.

SAH in Suburbia said...

Can't wait to see the pictures! That's quite an experience.

Sharon said...

I was so happy to read that you have him back. I hope to see his photos, it will be my only way of ever seeing the country. I don't FLY!!
Have a nice time catching up.

kdwhorses said...

Glad to hear he is home and he had a great time! Looking forward to seeing some of the pics!

Lori said...

So glad your son is back home.
I'm glad he had a fun time.

How great that he will be going to a college that is so close to home.

Carroll Farm said...

yea, he is home... :) what a great opportunity for him.