Sunday, August 9, 2009

Nikki

Courtney, my sister Cheryl and I traveled to Clark on Thursday to watch my niece Nikki, show her 4-H calves.
Here she is with her breeding heifer.
Grandpa Pat is in the background watching her show. He helps her clip her calves and fit them for the show.

Showing her market heifer.
She got grand champion market heifer and reserved grand champion market beef.
Her mom is in the background off to the left taking pictures and her dad is in the background watching her show.

And......it was also her 11th birthday!
We celebrated after the show in their camper with a cake that her Grandma Pauline brought.


3 comments:

Farmchick said...

Great job Nikki--that's awesome!!

How is the harvest??

Amanda said...

YEAH - Congratulations Nikki! and happy birthday

aussiechic said...

Oh that is great to see - really.....I love that my little vegemite is growing up around horses and animals in general. I think it is awesome. We live in the city and him being at a barn with me with my horse, is his only way to learn about them. It is so important to me. Your kids are lucky.....